Subject: Public records request - encampment cleanup log (dates and locations), 2022-present
From: samos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2026 12:12:02 -0700

Ms. Nytes,

Separately from my calls-for-service request of today, and under the Oregon Public
Records Law, ORS 192.311 to 192.478, this is a request for records sufficient to show
the DATE and LOCATION of each encampment cleanup, abatement, or camp removal conducted
on City property (or coordinated by the City with the Douglas County Work Crew) from
January 1, 2022 through the date this request is fulfilled.

The Roseburg Police Department posts advance notices of these cleanups (the 72-hour
notices) and participates in the removals, so I direct this to your office first. The
City's public "Recent Camp Cleanups" page documents cleanups of this kind by date and
location through 2021; this request seeks the equivalent information for 2022 to the
present. A simple list, spreadsheet, or the underlying scheduling or notice log showing
date and location for each cleanup is sufficient. I am not requesting photographs,
names, narratives, or any personal identifiers.

If these records are held by Public Works or the Homeless Commission rather than the
Police Department, please advise which office is custodian and I will direct the request
accordingly.

Public access to records of this kind is the ordinary mechanism by which the public
observes the operations of its agencies, and this request is made in that ordinary
course.

I authorize fees up to $25. If the estimated cost exceeds that amount, please send a
written estimate before proceeding. Electronic delivery to this email address is
preferred.

Thank you,

samos
[email-masked]